The philosophy applied to logistical flows is based on the Toyota Production System (TPS) which embodies such principles as:
- Pull system (the following stage pulls the product from the previous stage)
- Minimal stocks
- Delivery according to the Just-In-Time (JIT) principle
AW Europe is conscious of its impact on the environment and has set itself the objective of sustainably reducing its environmental footprint. For this reason, AW Europe gives priority to multi-modal transport (sea – rail – road – air) and the use of returnable packaging.
AW Europe is responsible for the flow of supplies from order placement through to shipment and invoicing:
- Integrating and analysing customer requests
- Creating production and distribution plans
- Calculating requirements using the MRP system
- Passing orders to suppliers
- Monitoring orders, preparation, deliveries and billing
AW Europe handles warehousing and distribution operations in two different ways; firstly via independent warehouses located near customers. Secondly, internally, through AW Europe's warehouse in Mons for all operations linked to local production and after-sales service.
AW Europe Supply Chain covers 3 main activities:
1. Distribution of automatic gearboxes to automobile factories
2. Distribution of spare parts for automatic gearboxes for after-sales service to the distribution centres of car manufacturers
3. Procurement and parts management for our local production. In addition we conduct procurement for our VIT Business
To ensure the effective development of its automatic transmissions (ATs), AW Technical Centre Europe (AWTCE) is organized into 4 separate business activities... More
Our production standards follow the Toyota Production System. More
DistributionAW Europe is responsible for the flow of supplies from order placement through to shipment and invoicing... More
Cutting-edge technology, underpinning the safety, comfort, performance and environment enjoyed by our automobile society. More
LineupAW has developed and launched a series of World Leading ATs.
Tell me about it
The automatic transmission is a critical component that transmits engine power to the wheels. More
|AW Europe will continue to anticipate the needs of its customers… More|